Yangon Map and Area of Yangon
Yangon, also known as Rangoon, is called ‘The Garden City of the East’ for a very good reason. One may consider it a nature lover's paradise, even if it is a city. Unlike most cities, it is refreshing to the eyes, thanks to the presence of lakes, parks and lush trees. Without a doubt, the landscape that Yangon has is stunning, but one should do more than stare to truly experience what the city has to offer.
Yangon was established by King Alaungpaya in 1755. When he took control of lower Myanmar, he decided to build the city where the town of Dagon used to be. Yangon, which means 'End of Strife,' was changed into Rangoon in 1885 by the British.
Aside from verdant gardens and parks, Yangon also features a number of pagodas. This is what makes it an ideal destination for a spiritual trip. Yangon is home to the most famous attraction in Myanmar, which is the Shwedagon Pagoda. Found on the Singuttara Hill, it is hard to miss the 2,500-year-old pagoda. It is built with gold and accented with precious stones like diamonds. This is where the eight hairs of Gautama Buddha can be found.Read More
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Elephant Jungle Trekking & River Rafting Full-Day Tour
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Night Safari Tour
- Mountain Bike Tour with Chiang Dao Cave Visit
- 2-Day Chiang Dao Trek
- 2-Day Mountain Biking Adventure in Chiang Dao
- Overnight Segway Ride & Ziplline Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure
Map of Yangon