Yangon Meditation Centres
Some 98% of Myanmar citizens are Buddhists, so it is no surprise that meditation is one of the best things to do when in Yangon.
There are several meditation centres in Yangon that teach the art of Buddhist meditation. Everyone is welcome, however men and women are usually taught separately.Read More
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Elephant Jungle Trekking & River Rafting Full-Day Tour
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Night Safari Tour
- Mountain Bike Tour with Chiang Dao Cave Visit
- 2-Day Chiang Dao Trek
- 2-Day Mountain Biking Adventure in Chiang Dao
- Overnight Segway Ride & Ziplline Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure
Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre
This is one of the main meditation centres in Yangon, and it is not only a place for meditation, but also a monastery where the monks themselves teach. Locals and foreigners are welcome, and men and women are provided separate accommodation.
- Opening Hours: 03:00 to 23:00
- Location: 55A Kabar Aye Pagoda Road, Mayangone Township
Mahasi Meditation Centre
A meditation centre runned by Buddha Sasana Nuggaha Organisation.
- Location: No 16 Sasana Yeiktha Road, Bahan Township
Dhamma Joti Meditation Centre
Located in Wingabar Yele Monastery Compound, Dhamma Joti Meditation centre offers an introduction to Vipassana meditation which means "to see things as they really are." Ten-day residential courses are run on a donation basis.
- Location: Nga Htat Gyi Pagoda Road, Bahan Township