Exploration of Myanmar Spirits
Transfer by vehicle from Bagan to Mt. Popa, the sacred home of the spirits. Mt. Popa is an extinct volcano, a curiously cylindrical hill rising sharply from the surrounding plain, with a temples and shrines for 37 nats perched on its peak. Explore this scared mountain and enjoy a spectacular view over the region.
Visitors ascend up a winding covered staircase encircling the mountain, observed by the curious monkeys that populate the area. Then observe Nat Pwe, offering ceremony to spirits, the highlight of this excursion. During this ceremony, mediums dance and embody the nat's spirit in a trance. Music, accompanied by an orchestra, adds much to the mood of the nat pwè, and many claim to be entranced.
On the way back from Mt. Popa, stop at a typical hut to explore the demonstration of pressing palm juice and oils from the native plants, making jaggery from the sugars and weaving baskets from the palm leaves.Read More
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Elephant Jungle Trekking & River Rafting Full-Day Tour
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Night Safari Tour
- Mountain Bike Tour with Chiang Dao Cave Visit
- 2-Day Chiang Dao Trek
- 2-Day Mountain Biking Adventure in Chiang Dao
- Overnight Segway Ride & Ziplline Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure