Full Day Discovering Kakku
Inle Lake Excursion
• This morning, leave your hotel by boat and drive up through pine-clad hills to Taunggyi, capital of Southern Shan State and a former British hill station.
• Visit the local market where minority people sell their produce and a cheroot factory.
• Just a couple of hours from Taunggyi, discover the "long lost" ruins of Kak Ku in countryside inhabited by the Pa O people. Situated in the rolling Shan Hills, Kak Ku pagoda is very unusual and little is known about its origins. The Pa O people believe that the original pagoda was built on the site some 2,000 years ago. Dozens of small stupas surround the main pagoda in a huge circle. You can wander through the stupas which are decorated with fine stucco work and Buddha images.
• Unfortunately Kak Ku is in bad need of renovation but this is part of its charm.
• Lunch at Hlaing Khone Restaurant.
• Visit one of the many Pa O villages near Kak Ku and see a huge monastery on the way back to Taunggyi.
• Transfer back to Nyaung Shwe where you will board your boat return to your hotel.Read More