Where to Shop and What to Buy in Myanmar
While duty-free shops, department stores, supermarkets and minimarkets in Yangon offer a wide choice of products, both foreign and local with fixed prices, the real magic of shopping is to be found mainly in the well-known Bogyoke Aung San Market where shopping is fun and easy; and bargaining is acceptable.
Situated in the heart of Yangon, housing 2,000 shops with a wide selection of unique locally made goods, luxury buys such as precious jewellery of gold and gems, silverware, arts and crafts, lacquerware, paintings,traditional wooden dolls, Mandalay silk, typical Shan and Kachin shoulder bags, foodstuffs, cosmetics and tailor-made clothes are a few of the sought-after items.
The shops at Bogyoke Aung San market are open daily from 9.30am. To 5.00pm except on Mondays and gazetted holidays. Shopping amongst a range of locally produced articles can be a delightful experience.
Myanmar has a long tradition of crafting beautiful items.Read More
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Elephant Jungle Trekking & River Rafting Full-Day Tour
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Night Safari Tour
- Mountain Bike Tour with Chiang Dao Cave Visit
- 2-Day Chiang Dao Trek
- 2-Day Mountain Biking Adventure in Chiang Dao
- Overnight Segway Ride & Ziplline Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure