Ngwe Saung and Area of Ngwe Saung
Ngwe Saung, also called Silver Beach, is one of the must-visit beaches in Myanmar. This 13km stretch of white sand faces the Bay of Bengal. It is a few kilometres away from Chuangtha, another beach getaway in Myanmar. However, the water here is clearer and deeper, the beach is longer and the sand is more pristine. On the southern end of the Ngwe Saung, there is an island that allows for activities such as fishing and snorkelling.
Quiet and laid-back is the best way to describe Ngwe Saung. People who visit this beach can expect it not to be crowded or busy. The main reason for this is that Ngwe Saung is an upmarket tourist destination. The beach is home to up-scale bungalow-style resorts and other posh establishments. Here, it is rare to find vendors on the beach. Unfortunately, the high-end nature of Ngwe Saung makes it inaccessible to the country's middle class as well as tourists on a budget, since there are only a few inexpensive accommodations available.
One may need to splurge for a vacation in Ngwe Saung, but every cent is guaranteed to be worth it. The beach is beautiful and it offers an experience worth remembering.Read More
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Elephant Jungle Trekking & River Rafting Full-Day Tour
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Night Safari Tour
- Mountain Bike Tour with Chiang Dao Cave Visit
- 2-Day Chiang Dao Trek
- 2-Day Mountain Biking Adventure in Chiang Dao
- Overnight Segway Ride & Ziplline Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure
Map of Ngwe Saung