What to Do at Night in Bagan
Bagan is an ancient city, home to countless temples and sacred structures and is not a place for more modern forms of entertainment, such as discos and clubs. In fact, there are no discos in the area. What the charming and historical destination has to offer its visitors is a different kind of nightlife. After the sun goes down, the ancient city provides its people with a more subdued but still enjoyable night time experience.
Nightlife in Bagan consists of going to riverside restaurants, which are aplenty in the city. In these establishments, diners can watch the sunset over the Irrawaddy River. Locals and tourists alike can go drinking, but the bars are not stand-alone; most of the bars are in restaurants and hotels with regular traditional puppet shows and music.Read More
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Elephant Jungle Trekking & River Rafting Full-Day Tour
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Night Safari Tour
- Mountain Bike Tour with Chiang Dao Cave Visit
- 2-Day Chiang Dao Trek
- 2-Day Mountain Biking Adventure in Chiang Dao
- Overnight Segway Ride & Ziplline Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure
Eden BBB Restaurant
Visitors who miss Western food while here should head to Eden BBB Restaurant. Great Western food is available and for those who want a glass or two of beer, the prices may be high for Bagan, but it is worth every cent. Also, the establishment has decent décor.
- Location: Bagan-Nyaung Oo Main Rd., Wet-Gyi-Inn Village.
Nan Dar Restaurant and Puppet Show
Nan Dar Restaurant contributes to the night life in Bagan by providing a different kind of entertainment. Those who are fortunate enough to go to the ancient city can catch traditional puppet shows here. Aside from the shows, patrons also get to enjoy good food and nice surroundings.
- Location: Nyaung U Main Road, Wet Gyi Inn Village.
Pavilion Lounge in Bagan Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort
The best way to welcome the night in Bagan is by watching the sunset with a drink in hand. The Pavilion Lounge in the Bagan Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort is the best place to do this; aside from the great drinks they serve, this place also has the best view of the Irrawaddy River.
- Location: Bagan Archaeological Zone, Old Bagan.
Visitors who are interested in great views, good food and entertainment will find the Sithu Restaurant a good place to go at night. This riverside establishment gives patrons a stunning view of the Irrawaddy River as they enjoy local dishes. The night show organized by the restaurant is also something to see.
- Opening Hours: 11:00-15:00; 18:00-23:00
- Location: Kayae St., Thiripyitsaya Quarter.
The Beach Bagan Restaurant and Bar
Night owls who find themselves in Bagan should definitely go to this establishment. The wide and diverse selection of dishes is enough reason for a visit, but the quality of the food keeps patrons coming back for more.
- Location: No.12, Youne Tan Yat, 4 Quarter.
The Green Elephant/ River View Bagan Restaurant
Listed as one of the city's best restaurants, it is also one of the best night time destinations. While it is a great dining destination during the day, the nightly music and puppet show makes having dinner in the Green Elephant something to remember.
- Opening Hours: 11:00-16:00; 18:00-22:00
- Location: Yamonar (River View), Thiripissayar Quarter, New Bagan.